Community Clothing & Shoe Drives
The HandUP Foundation is able to take your unwanted clothing and shoes and turn them into meaningful assistance for people in need in the Susquehanna Valley. Your donated items may be resold in the HandUP Store or recycled to provide funding for HandUP Assistance Programs or be given to individuals who need them.
Here’s how you can help:
- Call our office and speak to Bill or Stephanie to schedule a clothing and shoe drive at your business, church, school or organization. You can have a collection bin and routine monthly pick ups or we'll help you plan a short-term collection event once or twice a year.
- We can provide flyers, contest ideas, and other hints to make your collection a big success.
- Once your plan is in place, your employees/participants donate used, wearable clothing and shoes. It’s helpful for us if you bag clothing and shoes separately.
- You may also donate clothing and shoes that are no longer wearable. We’ll recycle it. Please bag these items separately and mark the bag, “baler.”
- Everyone brings their donations to your collection center during the designated period and puts them in the HandUP Collection Container. Our team will come and pick them up. It’s as easy as that!
Email Bill Wilhelm for more information.